Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What we learned tonight! Matthew Chapters 11 & 12

WOW! TONIGHT'S call might have been one of the MOST insightful calls I've seen us have thus far! I'm in awe of what God reveals to each of us!

Here's what I got!
How insane they were back then! The Son of man performs miracles and yet they still do not repent. And even ask for more! Really??!!
But really, what has changed? Surprises me that He has not come back tojudge the world yet! We never learn. 
I think of all the times in my life that God has shown up, times that are UNMISTAKABLY HIS HANDY work.Yet, my humaness doubts Him at times still. How many more times must He prove to me He will take acre of me before I stop worrying and just trust His plan. I too, am insane!!!

I am a child of God. And worthy just as much to Him as Hiss own mother and brothers. How amazing is that! The comfort in that alone should be enough to fill my voids for a lifetime!!! I will continue to be His servant. I love Him and want the world to see how amazing His love is too!!!

Kristy

1 comment:

  1. This really hit home for me. My focus was more towards that beginning of Chapter 12. 9 Going on from that place, he went into their synagogue, 10 and a man with a shriveled hand was there. Looking for a reason to bring charges against Jesus, they asked him, “Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?”
    11 He said to them, “If any of you has a sheep and it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will you not take hold of it and lift it out? 12 How much more valuable is a person than a sheep! Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath.”
    13 Then he said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” So he stretched it out and it was completely restored, just as sound as the other. 14 But the Pharisees went out and plotted how they might kill Jesus. 15 Aware of this, Jesus withdrew from that place. A large crowd followed him, and he healed all who were ill. 16 He warned them not to tell others about him.
    I realized that whether it is through my relationships with people they will try to bring you down or drag you down. You cannot let that happen. As Jesus did not let the Pharisees try to kill him. He walked away and a large crowed followed him. He chose to surround himself with people that were more to him. As I will chose to surround myself with people that will walk with me. There is a place in my heart for God I have lifted my life to God. I am not afraid to let Him lead me down the path that I am supposed to go. He has surrounded me with good people thus far. I have trust in him!

    ReplyDelete